About this time last year I had posted a list of 12 ways to keep your kids busy on a snowy/rainy day. It’s crazy how different the weather is here this time around! Although it’s not exactly freezing outside, we have a very rainy couple days in store and I know at least some of us are getting snow. So I thought we could do another round-up of fun things to do indoors. Again the idea is the same as last years: Activities and games that only consist of simple things most people have around their house. Have fun!
14 More Ways To Keep The Kids Busy On A Rainy/Snowy Day
- Send them on a scavenger hunt: print out the shape list or make your own with age appropriate items. This kept my kids busy for at least an hour.
- Have fun with cotton balls: and glue…just a warning ;)
- Diy story from a bag: this one intrigues me, on our list today. Found via Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Make a magic drawing: fun for any age.
- Make a collage: This one was made for Valentine’s day but you could use any images cut from a magazine.
- Good ‘ole make believe fun: shoe box ice skated anyone?
- Get out the camera: love this idea.
- Make a cave of stars: could even let the older ones make shapes.
- Masking tape race track: my boy thought I was the coolest ever. I used painters tape in place of masking tape.
- Drink coffee? Then you’re set to make these: tie on a string to run around and “fly them”.
- Make use of all that paper in the shredder: why didn’t I think to use this stuff, the possibilities!
- Mini weaving: great for older kids, but heck, this would entertain me for hours.
- Cardboard painting: great new way to paint.
- Make a raindrop umbrella: easy way to make simple activities seem like more fun.
Phew! That should keep them
out of your hair busy for at least a couple hours!
Feel free to link up any posts or ideas in the comments!
Linked to the fabulous Skip To My Lou