Valentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day. If anyone is looking for the key to my heart, I will give you a big hint…..it is covered in chocolate and it is a circle. To be honest there aren’t many things that when dipped in chocolate, wouldn’t open my heart, but there is one little treat that makes me so happy and it isn’t even shaped like a heart or a key (For Shame). With only two ingredients these Chocolate Dipped Mint Oreos are the perfect way to show love to your favorite people any day of the year.
Chocolate Dipped Mint Oreos are my Achilles heal, I try very hard to restrain from making them because I really have no control when I am in the same room with the tasty little rascals. I usually limit myself to making them only once a year. This year that happened to be last week for the Super Bowl. I ate way to many, but it was so worth it. All week I have been thinking about them and that maybe this year it would be okay if I made them again for Valentines Day. Maybe I could show restraint and put most of them in the freezer and only eat one a day . Ha! Right, like that is going to happen. Catch me after the jump for this very simple recipe.
Chocolate Dipped Mint Oreos
1 package Mint Oreos
2-3 cups chocolate chips (flavor or your choice)
- Pour 2-3 cups of chocolate chips into a microwave safe glass dish.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir, microwave for 30 seconds and stir….continue that process until chocolate is melted and smooth. If you prefer you could melt chocolate using a double broiler.
- Using your hand and a spoon, place one oreo at a time in the chocolate and by dipping and spooning the chocolate onto the oreo, make sure it is completely covered. Use spoon to remove excess chocolate if you feel like it is too thick. If you run out of chocolate during this process just melt more. It usually takes about three cups of chocolate chips for me to dip an entire package of oreos.
- Place covered oreos on wax paper
- Allow to dry completely before removing from wax paper.
*I put my wax paper on a cookie sheet so I can move the oreos to the fridge where they will set up more quickly….so I can eat them more quickly. Oh, and can I just say that the mint with the milk chocolate is my favorite combination. It is Delicious.