Have you ever made Crepes? They are delicious, and are so versatile, you can fill them with sweet or savory fillings. For New Year’s Day my friend brought her crepe maker to my house and we had a yummy crepe breakfast….I think this needs to be our new tradition. New Years Day Crepe Breakfast! It has a nice ring to it.
They are super simple to make too, especially if you have a crepe maker. If you don’t have a crepe maker all you’ll need is a really good non-stick pan to cook them up in. Otherwise you might find yourself a little angry when the crepes won’t come off of the pan in one piece. Trust me :). Catch me after the jump for the recipe and how to!
This is a basic recipe that makes about 15-20 crepes depending on how big you make them.
Basic Crepe Recipe
1/3 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- If using a crepe maker follow directions on maker.
- If using a non-stick pan, heat pan to medium heat.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup onto hot pan in a circular fashion to equally spread the batter.
- Should be a very thin layer about an 1/8 of an inch.
- Crepe is done about the time it loses gloss.
- Carefully remove with a spatula.
- Fill with desired fillings.
Our family likes: Strawberries and bananas, homemade apple pie filling, eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, ham, sauteed spinach, salsa, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, nutella….the possibilities are endless.