Winter weather can be very beautiful with fresh white snow, but it wreaks havoc on our skin. Being indoors and the dry heat from our homes causes many peoples skin to become unbearably dry. I ran across how to make your own lip balm to moisturize your lips last year that doesn’t require any melting just mixing together. I wish I could remember the site I saw it on so I could give them credit but I can’t. It was so simple I thought “oh yeah, I can do that.” The trick for me was finding a container to put it in. One day while shopping the clearance isle at Walmart I saw these cute little tins that are supposed to be used for wedding favors and I thought they would be perfect for my lip-balm project. Athough you don’t have to have a cute little tin to make this project, a tiny little plastic container of any sort will do. I already had the other ingredients for the balm so let’s get started.
- Pure aloe gel
- Petroleum jelly
- craft stick for mixing
- essential oil for fragrance (optional)
- tin or something to put it in
- mix equal parts aloe gel and petroleum jelly in tin. If using essential oil make sure you choose one that will not be harmful to your skin. You may use a fragrance that is used to make soap if you like. Add as many drops of fragrance as necessary (about 4-5).
- stir the mixture with a craft stick until combined well.
- For a monogram look I used some left over rub on transfer stickers from another project
That is it, your done! You can also use this balm for rough heels and elbows.