Sliders are a super fun and yummy party food. Throw in some buffalo chicken, and well…you have the perfect super bowl snack. However, they can be a little time consuming. I have a couple ideas to help you have delicious sliders at your super bowl party without spending the whole afternoon in the kitchen.
Dipping a chicken nugget in your favorite buffalo sauce, stopping by the deli for some sliced turkey and cheese, and grabbing a package of precooked bacon slices will get you from zero to yummy in no time.
Pizza Dough Sliders
Home made or store bought pizza dough
Sandwich fixin’s of your choice: I chose chicken nuggets, celery straws, blue cheese, ranch dressing, Swiss cheese, deli turkey, tomato, bacon, lettuce, honey mustard. I think a meatball dipped in marinara sauce with some mozzarella cheese would be awesome.
- Roll your pizza dough out to about 1/3 -1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out small circles using a shot glass or small circle cookie cutter
- Place circles onto a pizza stone or a regular cookies sheet lightly dusted with cornmeal
- Bake according to recipe or package directions. Watch closely. Mine took about 8-10 minutes.
- Using one circle as the bottom of the bun and one as the top, assemble sliders to your liking.
That is it. Easy Peasy !
Enjoy and have a Happy Super Bowl. Go Ravens!
*On a personal note, my sister and her husband are in the process of adopting a sweet little boy with Down Syndrome from an Eastern European country where he currently lives in an orphanage. His name is Edik and he is precious. Merry and Cody are doing all they can to get him home as soon as possible. If you would like to help or follow their story please take a moment and visit their blog or facebook page. Edik will be a lucky boy to come to such a loving family.