Leading a Simply Charmed life is a challenge worth the effort. I think we all need to seek balance in our lives to achieve it. As women and mothers it is even more important to have enough energy to do our best at raising our families while keeping ourselves healthy and happy.
How can we accomplish so much but still feel spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally fed? For me, the answer lies in feeding those parts of myself each day. Planning to feed these areas in your life is like planning meals, scheduling your children’s activities etc. You have to pencil you in.
I have listed a few ways you can easily add this to your daily routine. As you read through these ideas think about how it would effect your well being to simply incorporate just a few a day. Would you go to bed feeling a little more taken care of?
- praying each day
- reading or memorizing uplifting words or quotes
- listening to uplifting music
- writing in journal expressing feelings
- writing letters expressing feeling (do not have to give)
- pondering past emotions that hurt and writing it down
- forgiving someone
- nourishing intimate relationship with spouse
- talk to a friend
- ridding self of toxic relationships
- stretching, yoga
- going for a walk or run in the sun
- being in nature and pondering it’s beauty
- biking, or any exercise that raises your heart rate
- choosing to eat healthy food
- eliminating junk food
- aroma therapy
- creating something
- studying a topic of interest
- learning a new skill
We often view our bodies, mind, feelings, and soul as separate entities when they are all inner connected. As you can see by the list of activities given they overflow into one another. Well-being is an on going endeavor not a destination that one reaches. I challenge you to work on these four areas of yourself each day – consciously making each day better than the last. Do not get caught in the guilt trap of trying to be perfect in these areas, that is not the idea of the exersize. Just try and be your best self each day that you live. Being our best self is a life long journey that can give us so much joy.
What have you found effective for nourishing these four areas of yourself?