I’m two weeks away (if not sooner) from having this baby, so it’s time for my partial maternity leave. I say partial because I still have some things I wanted to put up before this baby comes. Hopefully within the week…I wanted to finish showing you what I did to my girls room.
Anyhow, I’m excited that Destri came up with this segment of Storybook Recipes. We talked about my upcoming maternity leave and decided it would be the perfect series to keep things going here on the Crafty Kids Corner while I’m away. We’ve already had some great submissions (thank you!), so creative and fun! Just wait until you see them. We also have had interest from some major online publications so you will get to see some fun stuff from that as well. I’ve been so busy ‘nesting’ that my kids and I haven’t had a chance to make ours, but it’s in the works.
Now for the good news:
We are going to leave the submissions call open for the next 6 weeks or so! We had a lot of emails with questions, so I will try and answer a few here. First let’s go over the original guidelines:
We are looking for easy recipes that go along with a favorite children’s book you have. We want to see great pictures of the book itself, pictures of you making the dish, and of course, the final product. Here are a few things we will be looking for:
- By great pictures, we mean try to take them during the daylight hours, nothing too complicated. Oh, and turn your flash off, just a tip
- Keep it simple – It doesn’t have to be a masterpiece that any food critique would rave about; just fun and easy for kids to make, or at least play a part in making.
- We ask that you only submit original ideas that have not been previously posted on your blog or elsewhere.
- If you are using parts of a recipe that you can site, please do.
- Get creative, surprise us!
Now to answer a few questions:
- Q: I have a great idea, but don’t want to make it unless I know I will be featured; can I just share it with you, show you some other work I have done to get on the schedule? A: You bet! Just let us know your idea and I am sure we can work something out.
- Q: Can I re-post the article on my blog after it has been featured on TMH? A: Of course! We just ask that you wait two weeks.
- Q: Does the book have to be about food? A: No! It can be any book on any subject (G-rated, we’re sure that goes without saying..) that has inspired some kind of recipe or dish.
- Q: What format do you want the submission in? A: Simply type it up in the email with images attached, or send it to us in html format.
I hope that has cleared up a few question. If you anymore for us, just send an email or leave them in the comments.
We will be taking submissions until the calendar fills up.
Send submissions to destri at themotherhuddle dot com and put Storybook Recipe in the subject line.
I hope you enjoy the series, I really think it is going to get everyone’s wheels turning about fun ideas that can come from books!