I have been crazy busy with about – well, too many things lately (we’ll leave it at that!) and it seems I find myself on my Pinterest when I should be answering emails, meeting deadlines, and just plain getting things done. But see that is the beauty of Pinterest, I can say it was all in the name of research for the benefit of my readers – fancy that :). The days are heating up and I know you are all on the lookout for some summer sewing tutorials to keep you busy, right? I rounded up some that I’d like to give a go, and then I’d love for you to share any you have had your eye on in the comments. Deal? Deal.
- I love all the ideas for using towels for cover-ups, and I especially like this version. There is a tutorial for a beach pillow too. Terry Towel Cover Up and Beach Pillow Tutorials by Sew 4 Home.
- I am kind of in love with this maxi skirt, I have even bought the fabric to make one, care to join me? Free Maxi Skirt Pattern by Lorrena Buck Designs.
- And this top – ack! You can even customize it to have cap-like sleeves. I have some smaller scraps I love that will be perfect for this top. Free Eliza Bennet Shirt Pattern by The Meanie Greene.
- Everyone needs a hammock for lazy summer days – and this tutorial shows you how to make your own. Hammock Tutorial by Outside Mom.
- This tote is on the list for sure. Very customizable, and the idea is genius. Pockets on the outside for the little stuff, leaving room for the towels in the bag. Tote With Pockets Tutorial by Creation Corner for Kojo Designs.
- Right when I saw it I knew I had to make it – plus I have a new niece! Box Pleat Tutorial 0-3 months by Leafy Treetop Spot.
- My little girl has a slew of pants that won’t fit her come next winter, but it’s too hot to wear them now – this cute cuff option is a simple yet so cute. Fabric Cuffed Cut Offs by Tonya Stabb
There are just a few I love, but there is plenty more Summer sewing inspiration over on my Sewing Inspiration board.
Now it’s your turn! What tutorials are on your list for Summer sewing?