I am so excited about today’s list, particularly excited about the lady who wrote it. You may know her as Mod Podge Amy of the popular Mod Podge Rocks blog. I’ve come to know her as one of the sweetest people I have come in contact with since TMH launched. Every email I have received from Amy has been sincere, and oozing with sunshine, I just love her. You will find those same quality’s resonating through her posts on Mod Podge Rocks. Everyday she brings a little sunshine to the craft world with her delightful personality, and I have a feeling I am not the only one who could say these things about her.
As for her blog, if it is not already on your daily roster-it should be. Fun stuff is always going on over there, it is seriously addicting. Just when you think anything that could possibly be done with Mod Podge has already been done, she surprises you with something you would have never thought of.
Now onto her list, it’s a good one!
Lessons Learned (or Re-Learned) Last Year
· Chocolate-covered pretzels are not good to have in my apartment. They go away quickly.
· I need to take more time off to visit my family that lives across the country. It’s so valuable to re-connect with those you love that you aren’t around all the time.
· If I know I’m not going to use something in my stash, I should give it to someone who will.
· It’s okay to cry and admit that I am hurt – my feelings have merit.
· Pink gnome pajamas really do make a difference in my evening mood. I slip those babies on and I’m a happy camper.
· Sometimes I shouldn’t apologize.
· The online blogging community (at least the creative blogging community of which I am a part) is so supportive and wonderful. If you are thinking of starting a blog to document your projects, you should definitely do it.
· Nordstrom has fabulous jeans. And shoes. And jewelry.
· Money is not the most important thing. A good learning experience is worth so much more – remember, you only live once!
· E-mails can go unanswered, at least for a few days.
· I should walk and play with my dogs more. I need to give them back more of the love that they give me.
· Cheez-Its ARE the greatest snack cracker.
Told you it was good! I hope I get to hang out with I Amy one day, I am certain we would be good friends.
Amy dished for you, now it’s your turn…
What lessons did you learn last year?