If there is one thing that seems to elude mothers more than any other it would have to be finding balance.
I happen upon it every now and then, but find myself searching for it on a regular basis. I finally came to the conclusion that it is just as much a state of mind as it is a state of being. And one way of finding both is to simplify.
That being said, today I have a list of ideas that help me find that balance, and links to which I plan on employing this new year in the never ending search for it.
Twenty Ways to add Balance and Simplify
- Take twenty minutes every day to turn up the music and dance with your kids. You will fit in some cardio and play time all at once.
- Only touch your mail once. Pick a time of day that you can spend fifteen minutes with it; shred it, throw it away, file it, immediately fill out bills, even if they are to be mailed later.
- Organize your winter gear like Kim from Mom Tried It.
- When you make dinner double the recipe and freeze half of it for a later date.
- Commit to five minutes a day to do your make-up. Seriously that is all you need.
- Wake up thirty minutes earlier every morning to do something important to you. Journal, read scriptures, drink your coffee, kiss your hubby.
- Read this post on The Best Kept Secret to a Clean House.
- Know what you are going to have for dinner by noon everyday.
- Create an inspiration book like Davina for a place to keep all the ideas running around in your head.
- Set the timer when on the computer. And don’t cheat.
- Don’t wash your hair everyday. Talk to your hair dresser, they’ll agree!
- Make your kids laugh at least once a day. Not just a giggle, but a full belly laugh. Nothing balances my life more than to hear my little one’s laughter.
- Find something you love to do, and just do it. Creativity has fed my soul in ways I never imagined.
- Try to go to bed with a clean kitchen. You’ll thank yourself in the morning!
- Stop doing what you no longer find joy in. It’s okay. Your all grown up now, and you are allowed to change your mind.
- Sing while you cook. Even if your husband laughs, it will be one of your children’s favorite memories.
- Make time. Read this post. I have asked you to read it before, but for those of you who didn’t I am asking again. I promise it will help you find a little balance.
- Have a weekly date night with your husband. Even if you can’t leave the house, set aside one night a week for each other with something planned. It could even be a picnic and movie on your living room floor.
- Allow yourself imperfections. Then except them. Then embrace them.
Now it’s your turn, and I know how many of you are reading this! I had better get more than five comments!!!
How do you find Balance in your life? How have you found ways to simplify? Please share, I need the inspiration!