I am sure today’s author needs no introduction for most of you, but in case there are a few out there that have not happened upon Make and Takes, I’ll do the honors. Make and Takes is what I like to call a tried and true, always something good going on. From simple projects, recipes, parenting tips, and even things Marie finds funny I always leave satisfied.
I absolutely adore Marie. A few months ago we were both attending the same conference. I was literally freaking out about what to wear and sent her a message on Twitter with the hopes of at least a two liner telling me what to expect. Instead, I found a reply with her phone number telling me to give her a call. Not many would do that, and she is just as nice in person.
Now onto her list!
Summer Lovin’ Had Me a Blast… ahhh, summer is here. Well, almost. It’s been a little rainy, but the sun keeps peeking through to tell me that it’s right around the corner. So with summer on it’s way, we’re making plans for how we’re going to celebrate.
Here are 8 things we’re getting excited to do this summer (don’t forget the sunblock):
- Simply sitting in the sun. We’re going to make sure we get out in the sun everyday. Even if it’s just for 10 minutes and we blow a few bubbles, we’re catching some rays. I usually like to have a picnic for lunch, keeping our picnic blanket close by the back door.
- Heading to the beach. We’re planning a family vacation to Southern California for some playtime in the ocean. The kids can’t wait to bury Dad in the sand.
- Watching my garden grow. I love to grow a vegetable garden and watch it turn from seeds into summer dinner! We’ve got peas, tomatoes, potatoes, and beans.
- Hit the movies. The 3rd movie in the Twilight Saga, Eclipse, is coming out at the end of June and I’ll be there front and center! Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? I’m an Edward girl!
- Outdoor summer concerts. We are lucky to have a lot of fun bands coming to my area and most are at outdoor locations!
- Heading up the canyon to go camping. We have many canyons nearby and plan to take full advantage of them by camping out a few weekends this summer. I’m ready for a toasted marshmallow right now!
- Summer reading. The 3rd book in the Hunger Games series is coming out in August and I’m DYING to get my hands on it. I’m a little obsessed with these books. Have you read them yet? You must!
- Blogging Conferences. I love the blogging world and love to go to blogging conferences. There are a few conferences I’m looking forward to and can’t wait to meet and mingle with others like me.
What fun and fabulous plans do you have for the summer?