So I am preparing to speak at the Casual Bloggers Conference this weekend and I am now starting to feel some nervous nellies coming on. I love conferences, especially meeting new friends I have made and catching up with old ones. I love all the feel good vibes, the comradeship, and the overall knowledge to be gained. But I have never spoke at one. Sheesh. At least I am first in the morning, then I have the rest of the day to catch my breath!
I will be speaking about Blogging Zen on a panel with Mrs. Marta (dying to meet her) and Susan Hall, whom I have just recently gotten to know, and looking forward to meeting. The subject is appropriate because heaven knows I can’t tell you how to master twitter, make a million blogging, or how to use photoshop, but I have spent quite a bit of time trying to balance my online life and fitting it into my real life without it taking over. So I feel pretty good about that. Excited actually.
Part of what I will talk about is keeping up with blogs. I use a google reader of course, but one of my balancing techniques is to read our friends (readers). It is really the only way to get to know them. One thing I am horrible with is commenting, so they probably never know I am there. Anyhoo, it got me to thinking about all the great posts I have read lately and I thought it would be fun to share a few today.
- I love this post. The way she describes what may seem to some as an ordinary day, makes you believe in fairy tales again, and realize you may be living one.
- Am really loving this series on 101 ways to eat plain yogurt. Have you looked at how much sugar is in flavored yogurt? It is insane. I eat plain yogurt every day, and this series has given me a new way to look at it.
- Just found this new blog through a comment, it’s awesome! She was a science teacher, and has started Science Mommy, a collection of science projects your kids can do. My sisters boys would love this! Jileen, you too!
- I love it when I hop over and find a post like this. You mean I am not the only one?! (Tina, you will like this gal)
- You know I love vintage pillow cases, so of course I loved this
- I clicked over to Diana’s blog to find all of these shoes…under $16! They are adorable. Looking forward to meeting her at the conference.
- I cannot wait to try this recipe.
- This post made me think about what my kids have taught me. I love it when a post makes me think.
- What a great idea.
- This blog is a great idea, here is the about page, I think it would be a fun one to follow!
- Kids bored? You MUST go check this out! Seriously, the creativity in kids when encouraged is amazing!
- I want to build this, all by myself.
- I popped onto Ronita’s blog to find this quote, so true.
- I needed this tutorial, I have just the hankie for it. Seriously, I do, it is in the picture!
Oh I could go on and on for days, there have been so many good ones lately. But I really must go and decide what to wear. I hate that part. I just wanted to share a bit of what I have been reading :) If you have a favorite leave a link!
Oh and the picture above? Well, I was thinking I could start a little series with pillowcases and add them to the Thursday line up…what do you think? I love that pillow case, I have saved it trying to think of the perfect project, any ideas?
If you are going to the Casual Blogger conference please come say hi!