Isn’t it interesting that you remember the first post you read of your favorite blogs? Or is it just funny that I do? Well, either way, it’s usually that post that convinces me to subscribe, and for Small Notebook, it was this post for me. Simple, yet so useful – that to me is the best way to describe Rachel’s blog. It has literally become a resource for me, not just a good read. I have bookmarked 10 of her posts in the hopes of getting my house organized. Seriously…I counted them. But beyond that her blog is a great read. She posts about unique diy projects, family life, and simplifying. Give yourself ten minutes in her sidebar, you’ll see.
The must read post? Well to be honest, it’s not one I’ve bookmarked because I had a hard time choosing between those, but I have been searching for one of these ever since I saw what she did with it, awesome. I must have one!
Now onto her list…
Stuff I wish I could tell my teenage self:
- Friends who make fun of you are not true friends.
- It does get easier.
- Your future husband is the Valedictorian and captain of the football team. (True!)
- Please don’t perm your hair.
- You don’t have to make things up to get people to like you.
- It’s okay to quit school activities if you have too many.
- You are not sleeping enough.
- Or eating right.
- All the pain… God is going to change your life in a huge way.
- Working at Golden Corral wearing a one-size-fits-all jumper, pantyhose, and a handkerchief on your head is SO not worth earning $4.25 an hour!
I love this list, if I wrote my own it would go on for days.
Now it’s your turn, what would you go back and tell your teenage self if given the chance?