Happy Halloween! Tonight is the big night where our kiddos candy dreams come true! :-) Now it is our job to figure out what do with with all of it before it ends up in their little tummies! First things first, inspect the candy and take all the ones momma plans on eating, am I right? Find a great hiding place for it – nice and high, then have a look at this list of 10 ideas for what you can do with all that candy after the jump!
10 Ideas For All That Halloween Candy
- Have the Toothless Witch buy it. My sister-in-law told me about this idea and I’m excited to give it a try this year. The idea is kind of like the Tooth Fairy. She has her kids pick a few pieces of candy out of their basket and then leave it out for the Toothless Witch to take. Explain to your kids why the Toothless Witch is toothless (from eating all the candy). The Toothless Witch then leaves money or a little present in it’s place.
- Get creative and make some candy art.
- Save the candy to make gingerbread houses.
- Many dentists/orthodontists will pay money if your give them your candy. Check here to see if there is a dentist near you. They generally pay up to a $1 a pound.
- Throw it away! (My hubby’s idea) ;-) So it’s true, there is some candy that just isn’t worth saving.
- Bake with it! M&M’s or chopped up candy bars are yummy in cookies.
- Take it to work (or send it with your hubby) to put on your desk at work for everyone else to eat.
- Recycle the candy by putting it in a piñata or reusing it for Christmas. Also, if you have been to a few different Halloween parties take the candy that you’ve already been given and hand it out to the trick-or-treaters that come your house. (This is my favorite! It saves me money too!)
- Send it to the troops. Last year my husband’s coworkers boxed up a bunch of candy to send to a family member in Afghanistan.
- Help teach your preschooler sorting and counting while playing with the candy.